Dismissing a Managing Agent
You should carefully consider the following questions:-
- Have you been asked to pay an unreasonable amount for buildings' insurance, service charge or other cost?
- Do your Managing Agents regularly inspect the property and maintain the building in good repair and decoration?
- Are they efficient at dealing with your enquiries or complaints?
- Do they behave reasonably towards you when carrying out the instructions of the Freeholder?
- Overall, do you have a good relationship with your Managing Agent?
- Is there any way in which the situation can be improved?
You should approach dismissal of a Managing Agent carefully and have made other arrangements for managing the property, either by instructing an alternative Agency or by self-management.
What are the ways in which I can dismiss my managing agent?
You can do one of two things:-