Right to Manage Qualification Test
- Are you entitled to exercise Right to Manage? Find out by using the qualification test provided. Please note that this is not an exhaustive test. For a professional assessment as to whether you or the property itself qualifies for Right to Manage, please contact Pro-Leagle.
(1) Does the building contain at least two flats?
(2) Is 75% or more of the overall floor area of the building made up of residential, non-commercial living space?
(3) Qualifying leaseholders are those with more than 21 years to run on their leases. If the properties are shared ownership, a leaseholder must also have staircased up to 100% ownership to qualify. Do two-thirds of the leaseholders in the building qualify?
(4) Do the flats owned by qualifying leaseholders interested in Right to Manage equate to half (or more) of the total flats in the building? Note that if there are two flats in the building both must participate.
(5) Does a resident freeholder own one of the flats? If so: (i) Is the property a converted house containing 4 flats or less? (ii) Did the freeholder own the flat prior to the conversion? and (ii) Has the freeholder (or adult family member) lived there for the past 12 months?