The Self Management Test
- Self management of a property can be problematic, particularly if relationships between your neighbours are strained. The qualification test provided helps assess whether self-management is an option.
(1) Do you or any other leaseholder(s) have the time to regularly inspect, maintain and redecorate the building? This may involve the instruction of surveyors and other professionals.
(2) Do you or any other leaseholder(s) have the time to collect money from the flats to pay for any building work and deal with any discrepancies?
(3) Would you or any other leaseholder be able to establish sufficient accounting procedures to provide final accounts and annual statutory summaries to the leaseholders?
(4) Would you or any other leaseholder be able to take action against a fellow leaseholder where he or she had not paid for building works or other service charge?