Is a Managing Agent Right For You?
- Professional Agents bring an organised approach to the planning and collection of service charges and reserve funds, timetables for redecoration and repairs and inspection and supervision of works.
- Professional Agents bring an independent objective assessment of building repairs required.
- Professional Agents may handle administrative functions more efficiently and effectively through better facilities for retrieving and storing information and knowledge of accountancy procedures.
- Issues and disputes can be dealt with impartially and objectively.
- Managing properties is a full-time business and a professional agent will have all the essential infrastructure including IT software, accountancy packages and access to lawyers, surveyors and other professionals.
- A Professional Agent will follow his employer's instructions and objectives.
- Will cost money.
- You may feel that your Managing Agents are not providing you with the service you require.
- There may be disputes about the 'reasonable' cost of buildings insurance and service charges.