- Firstly, you need to decide whether a 'shelf' or 'off-the-peg' Company or a tailor-made Company is more appropriate. Pro-Leagle can advise on which method is most suitable for you. We can also form a Company on your behalf or arrange for you to acquire a 'shelf' Company. Contact Pro-Leagle for more information.
- A Company requires a Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association. The Memorandum sets out the Company's name, registered office, objects of the Company, the liability of the Directors and Share Capital. The Articles regulates the Company's internal affairs and contain provisions dealing with directors' powers, proceedings at members' meetings, conduct at board meetings, etc.
- Before a Company can be formed, it requires a Company Secretary. A sole Director cannot undertake this role. Pro-Leagle provides a Company Secretarial Service. Click here for details.
- Once the Company has been formed, there are ongoing duties to Companies House which must be fulfilled. Annual Accounts must be prepared and dispatched to Companies House every year, whether the Company is trading or not. Failure to do so will result in an automatic fine.
- An Annual General Meeting (AGM) must normally be held once a year. Private Companies can, however, dispense with this requirement by passing an Elective Resolution. Pro-Leagle can assist you with this.
- You will need to inform the Inland Revenue that you have started a Company.
- Pro-Leagle can assist with the structure, organisation, Share Certificates, the passing of Resolutions, and general appointment and removal of Directors. Contact us for further information.
- Ensure that you have a Partnership Agreement in place to formalise arrangements, financial and otherwise, you may have with your Partner. Pro-Leagle can assist with this. Contact us for further information.
- Contact the Inland Revenue to discuss the implications of your business and when you are due to start.
- Exceptionally, you may be held personally liable.
- For further assistance with your Company or Business, contact Pro-Leagle.