Collective Enfranchisement Qualification Test
- Find out whether leaseholders have the right to Collectively Enfranchise by using the qualification test provided. Please note that this is not an exhaustive test. For a professional assessment please contact Pro-Leagle.
(1) Are there at least two flats in the building?
(2) Qualifying leaseholders are those with more than 21 years to run on their leases. If the properties are shared ownership, a leaseholder must also have staircased up to 100% ownership to qualify. Do two-thirds of the leaseholders in the building qualify?
(3) Do the flats owned by qualifying leaseholders interested in Collective Enfranchisement equate to half (or more) of the total flats in the building? Note that if there are two flats in the building both must participate.
(4) Is 75% or more of the overall floor area of the property made up of residential, non-commercial living space?
(5) Does a resident freeholder own one of the flats? If so: (i) Is the property a converted house containing 4 flats or less? (ii) Did the freeholder own the flat prior to the conversion? and (ii) Has the freeholder (or adult family member) lived there for the past 12 months?